Monday, April 21, 2008

Buildings of the world worth noting

1. The ING Autonomous Building, Amsterdam

This building is somewhat renowned for being an autonomous building, which means it is fully sustainable without any external support (e.g. electricity, water, waste disposal, etc). That's pretty impressive. Pretty - funny choice of words, seeing that this is one of the most offending obscenities I have ever laid eyes on. If I had to describe it, I'd say it looks like a giant glass dong. On stilts.

ING Headquarters - seeing is believing

Cool factor: They don't have to pay any utility bills. Human waste (ahem) is taken care of without channeling it to wherever it is people channel them in regular buildings.

Lame factor: This is one building that looks just as apt to roll down the slope it's on as it is to collapse. Seriously, what the hell is it supposed to resemble, a white trash boat trailer?

2. Lat Prao (The Elephant Building), Bangkok

Now this is just...bizzare. How many buildings not only sport lifts, windows and doors, stairs and all the usual, but also eyes, ears, legs and even a fricking tail and tusks?

One thing it's definitely not good for is to base your bachelor's pad there. No matter how smooth you think you are, there's just no bringing any girl home to a building that looks like an abandoned child's Lego playset. Also, you don't want to point at the elephant's ass and say "that's where my bachelor's pad's at!". Just doesn't work guys.

Lat Prao - does my ass look big? HELL YEAH

Cool factor: This is an elephant building, with eyes, tusks, legs, trunk and even a suggestion of ears.

Lame factor: This is an elephant building, with eyes, tusks, legs, trunk and even a suggestion of ears.

I was only going to post this when I had more buildings to write about, but I want to push down the rude post I posted yesterday (Sunday) that isn't very SFW, haha. I might do more later!

No comments: